Friday, June 29, 2007

Birthday Wish List/ Pictures Posted


So what do you get the birthday girl who seems to have everything? Well, considering the closest Walgreens is probably an entire continent away, you've got quite a few options. Just in time for the 25th birthday coming up mid-August, I'm putting together a little wish list. Nothing would make me happier than opening birthday cards and eating Cripsy M&Ms (in the light blue package) on that day (or give or take a few weeks).


*Buying one of the Allatentu Support Band CDs from my mom

*Birthday cards and letters and photos

*Crispy M&Ms

*Mike and Ikes

*Extra Chewing Gum (in the blue package)

*Cliff Bars

*Dried Fruit

*Jane and Marie Claire magazines

*A package of pens

*Dry M&M cookie mix/ box Spice Cake mix with Cream Cheese frosting

*A chin-up bar for a door frame


I'll probably think of more later, so I'll let you know.


Also, I just wanted to give a shout out to my friends Lisa, Aaron and little Mr. Man. Did you guys used to live in the Gambia? Because you sure do know how to put together a care package!


Yesterday, a few of us Brikama-surrounding site mates got together for an afternoon of chatting and cold drinks at a "restaurant" in Brikama. It was really nice to feel apart of my surrounding (not so much how I feel when I go to Kombo and eat at a restaurant there). A few of my hospital co-workers passed by and gave the casual wave, then on my way home, I carried a gourd bowl on my head (the left one in the picture) and hit up a neighbor's Kuliyo (naming ceremony) where, even before I dropped some money in the pot, I was served Wanjo and called to eat SooSoo (the traditional Kuliyo feast).


Finishing up the UNAIDS proposal this week and preparing for guests before the All-Vol next week...more to come!


No comments: