Saturday, January 27, 2007

Good-byes and Surprises

Well, I've officially moved from Norman. It was unbelievably hard to say good-bye to the incredible people I've met and the town where so many wonderful memories are created. It seems unreal that my main purpose for moving there has come and 5 1/2 years has gone. I couldn't have asked for a better last night/day, though. I got to spend much desired quality time with my great friend and her new son, people from yoga took me out to dinner at Victoria's, and the night ended with the necessary (well, in my book) stop at the Library. I also made a visit to little, old Rhyne Hall (the social work school) and got to see one of my favorite teachers. Then, this morning, I spent some time riding my baby blue bike around Main St., returning library books and stopping in at shops that caught my eye. This included The Book Stall (where I bought one of the books I had just returned to the library for $3.75 because I didn't finish it), Guestroom (where I purchased a The Velvet Underground, Andy Warhol CD), Main Site (where a new exhibit was going up so I didn't get to see anything), Forward Foods (where I purchased some cheese for a birthday present), and Benvinutii's bakery (where everything looked too perfect to eat, so I didn't buy anything). Then Chris and I ate at The Diner, loaded up boxes and dogs, and drove to Dallas.

After continuous heart-wrenching good-byes, I found myself in the midst of a glorious hello. My father surprised both my mother and me by flying in my younger sis from Florida for the weekend. Now the next two days will consist of open houseness and laundry!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

next time you write it's going to be from the gambia! i hope you have internet (is that possible in a village without electricity or running water?)