Tuesday, April 17, 2007

More Pictures

More pictures are posted from swearing in. I was also in the middle of typing another entry when the computer crashed, so I'll just briefly update.

I'm trying to figure out what to do with my house exactly. I honestly feel that it is too big, so I may start to ask around work to see if anyone knows of an available house more fit for PC living. At any rate, I've been spending these past few days trying to accumulate "stuff" on my PC salary. It feels sort of strange purchasing home furnishings, when the entire month before I left, I was working on significantly downsizing my material items. However, at the same time, it feels somewhat legitimate to me to be contributing to this economy and supporting local businesses. I have even re thought starting my own garden (not that I have a yard for it anyhow) because I live so close to the market and the women work hard in their own gardens to generate income for their families.

This week I'm going to re introduce myself to Hands on Care and Alletentou and start learning names and establishing relationships. Wednesday I'm scheduled to take my malaria medication. Sunday, I have a birthday party to go to. Looks like I have a busy week ahead of me. Send me letters! I miss you guys.

No comments: